Install Cozy on VirtualBox
Usage of the VirtualBox image below is not recommended in a production environment. See the Debian installation guide for production.
1. Download requirements
- Download and install VirtualBox.
- Download and decompress it (
xz -d cozy-virtualbox_4.0.1.tar.xzon Linux, use your favorite software on Windows and MacOs).
- Download the image's signatures here and here.
- Check the integrity of the image:
gpgv2 -v cozy-virtualbox-4.0.1.tar.xz.sha512.asc sha512sum -c cozy-virtualbox-4.0.1.tar.xz.sha512
2. Import and try
- Import the Cozy image into Virtualbox
- Edit machine settings
- In "Network" tab, change network mode ("Attached to") from "NAT" to "Bridged Adaptateur"
- Select your physical network card on the "Name" field
- Start the virtual machine
- Open your browser and go to
Alternatively, you can reach your Cozy with the VM's IP address:
- Login to console (login
- You should be able to access your Cozy through your browser by connecting to
3. Additional information
- To login into the shell of your virtual machine, use
rootas login and password. (Warning: the keyboard probably uses the qwerty layout.)
- You can connect through SSH with