Install and configure
To navigate in your files, you should install 'files' application in your Cozy.
Requirements: Android Phone (>=4.4 version)
You can either download the APK and install it on your phone, or get the application from Google PlayStore:
- download the Android APK (latest version is v2.1.0, its sha1 is: 51b2f0b66c97937c7e6a3c3d8f4967264c7c071a)
- or go to the PlayStore and search for "Cozy Cloud" in the search bar. Then select and install your app.
- or access to old versions.
Once installed, run it and it will ask you for a few information:
- The domain where your Cozy is located
- The password of your Cozy (not stored, just used to register the device the first time)
- The name used by your device to register to your Cozy
- A few settings about your photos backup
Once done, you have to confirm and wait for the first time synchronization to finish.
Browse files from your phone
Now that all your file tree is synced, you can browse your files from your mobile. If you want to display a file, you can tap on it. It will download it to the phone/tablet. That way it will be kept on your mobile even if you lose the connection.
Here are a few use cases covered by Cozy Mobile:
- Carrying your digital tickets for an event without printing them.
- Reading digital books in the transportation.
- Listening your music from your cloud on speakers through Bluetooh.
- Watching TV shows from your cloud while waiting in the line.
A search field is available too, it's useful to find quickly an important file.
Backup your photos, make albums and share them
By default the Cozy Mobile will save every pictures it finds on your Mobile to your Cozy. On your remote Cozy, the pictures will be located in a folder that has the same name as the device.
NB: If you want to save bandwidth, you can disable this feature via the configuration screen.
Once done, by installing through the Photos application, you can build new album from the files stored in your Cozy (so from your mobile pictures).
Then, you can share the album via a simple click on the share button and selecting your contacts with who you want to share the album.