What is the Cozy-Stack?¶
The cozy-stack is the main backend server for the Cozy platform.
The Cozy-Stack is in charge of serving / running the applications users have installed on their Cozy.
It is in charge of:
- creating, updating, deleting documents inside the database;
- authenticating users and client applications;
- sending emails;
- launching jobs on the server. Connectors that import data from remote websites are jobs. Jobs can be one time tasks (sending a message) or periodic tasks. Jobs that require executing third party code on the server side (like connectors), are sandboxed;
- database replication API, allowing to sync documents between the server and local databases, for example in mobile clients.
Feel free to open an issue for questions and suggestions.
- Install the cozy-stack
- Configuration file
- Managing Instances
- Manpages of the command-line tool
- Using the admin API
- Important changes
- Develop a client-side app
- Running and building Docker images
- Adding a new doctype
- Working with the stack assets
- Build a release
- The contributing guide
These pages are the results of studies we made. They may be outdated and are kept as an archive to help understanding what were out original intentions when designing new services.
- General overview of the initial architecture
- Onboarding with an application
- Golang Couchdb Plugins
- Konnectors design
- Realtime design
List of services¶
/auth- Authentication & OAuth
/apps- Applications Management
/data- Data System
/files- Virtual File System
/move- Move, export and import an instance
/notes- Notes with collaborative edition
/office- Collaborative edition of Office documents
/remote- Proxy for remote data/API